Make Sour Milk in Your Home: Tasty and Easy in a No Time
Today in the world, domestic sour milk is taken as one of the most popular healthy foods, so we are not surprised by the fact that it is used in various recipes of local cuisine. Its implementation is quite different from country to country. In some regions it is prepared as a liquid, while in others is in solid state.
It Is present in a variety of diets. The reason for this is that instead of pudding and similar products which are full of calories, you can eat this food as a dessert.
Some nations, like Greece for example, use it with honey and cinnamon are often used as a dessert, if chilled in the refrigerator, also called ice cream.
Medicinal properties and composition of sour milk
To understand why is this food so good for our body, we need to take a little peek at its chemical composition. In fact, the dairy product contains lactic acid bacteria, germs, coca and fungi.
Under the influence of lactic acid, is obtained such a structure of fats and proteins that our body much more easily digested and better benefits.
Recent research has shown that people who have a problem with high bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) can take sour milk because it has a hydroxy-beta-methyl-glutarate matter who participates in expelling excess precisely it from the body.
In 100 grams of sour milk is only 62 calories. This is significantly less than for instance sour cream, whose calorific value is as high as 204 kcal.
Besides having very low number of calories as compared to other dairy products, in its composition further comprises vitamins, such as vitamin B12, B2, and D. In addition to them, there are potassium, calcium, proteins and carbohydrates.
In some intestinal disorders, such as increased proteolytic effect of decomposition bacteria, sour milk as medicine has remarkable effects. In medicine, it is in use and the diseases and whose symptoms are fever, reduced absorption of intestinal mucosa, etc.
Another important thing we want to mention is that it is scientifically proven that sour milk as an antibiotic also works great in the human body. Just because it serves to prevent and remedy for many diseases.
Making yogurt at home is not difficult
The question, how to make sour milk is something we often encountered whenever we tried to further inform you on this subject. We assume that you are most interested in this, so that in the 11 steps to try to explain in as much detail making sour milk.
First, from the ingredients you need:
- a liter of milk,
- one tablespoon of thick yogurt,
Milk souring procedure
- Cook milk over low heat, without taking into account that you do not burn.
- When cooked, pour it into a suitable glass or ceramic bowl.
- Allow to cool a little at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Make sure that it is hot, but not too much.
- In a small bowl, put a spoonful of yogurt, then in the same pan add a little milk and stir it all well.
- You will see that the milk you poured over yogurt catches cream. Move the spoon while you gently pour rennet and everything below of cream, stir with a spoon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and drill tiny holes with a toothpick.
- Wrapped in something warm and leave for 6 to 7 hours (we recommend you to leave during the night).
- When you do a nice stand, carefully remove the foil making sure that you water that has accumulated beneath the foil and the film falls into the milk.
- Put a clean gauze or if you have a kitchen paper.
- Gently press repeatedly until you collect all the excess liquid.
- Drain gauze (or throw paper, if using) and repeat once more.
- Cover with clear plastic foil and leave in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- When it has cooled, the curd is ready to eat.