Once You Read This You Will Never Throw Away This Part Of The Banana!
Bananas are very low-fat food and they are packed with vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, fiber, potassium, biotin, and copper.
However, did you know that banana peel is also beneficial and has various uses? Banana peels are the thick rope-textured and green- to yellow-colored skin of bananas. In Western society, they are discarded while the flesh is eaten.
Not many people know the unique and abundant benefits provided by the peel. In this article we present you the benefits and a recipe which will help you in weight loss.
Banana Peel Uses
1. Teeth Whitening
The potassium in banana peels is thought to help whiten your teeth. Therefore, by using banana peel, your teeth will be whiter and healthier. Rub the banana peel every day for two weeks on your teeth for about a minute.
2. Remove Warts
Use banana peel to remove and prevent any skin warts. Put a banana peel on the wart on your skin and cover it with a bandage before you go to sleep. You should notice an improvement after the first use, and you can continue until it’s gone.
3. Remove Acne and Wrinkles
Banana peel contains great amounts of antioxidants and anti-aging characteristics, and as such it is beneficial for total skin care. Banana peel hydrates and nourishes the skin. For acne removal just rub the banana peel on the irritated and problematic skin and let it react for 30 minutes. The antioxidants and vitamin C in bananas help circulation and reduce wrinkles.
4. Heal Psoriasis
Psoriasis cannot be completely cured but banana peel can calm down the skin. The banana peel will moisturize the skin and reduce the itching. Just apply banana peel on the affected area.
5. Polish Leather and Silverware
You can use banana peel to polish leather furniture and silver items. To clean leather furniture, simply rub the inside of a ripe banana directly onto the leather. Then clean up any ropey stuff and buff off with a cotton cloth.
For silverware, blend banana peel with a little warm water. Rub this paste onto the items and wipe down with a cotton cloth. Dry the items thoroughly with tissues.
6. Help in Weight Loss
The potassium in banana peel helps in the weight loss. It boosts metabolism, burning more calories and providing the muscles with more energy.
We present you a banana peel recipe which will help you with weight loss.
A Combination of Banana Peel and Black-eyed Peas
- 4 green banana peels
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Half cup black-eyed peas (if fresh, soak overnight)
- Half teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened grated coconut
- One lime juice
- Cut the banana peel in small pieces and put them in a pot of water.
- Add turmeric and a dash of salt to boil. You can add some oil to prevent sticking.
- After it boils, simmer until peels are tender.
- Drain the water.
- Boil the fresh black-eyed peas until they become tender. If you use canned, just rinse and drain them.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat, add some mustard seeds and cook them until they pop.
- Then add the peels and the black-eyed peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- When you remove from heat, stir in coconut and finish with salt and lime juice.
Green vs Yellow Banana Peel
Ripe bananas are better for their cancer fighting properties and they help the body produce more white blood cells.
Green banana peels are better for weight loss because they contain more probiotics, a characteristic that improve the digestive system. You can prepare some delicious food out of green bananas because they are better for cooking. You can use them for chutneys, curries of use them instead of potatoes.
Some Important Tips:
- Always use a fresh banana peel.
- Never store banana peel in a refrigerator.
- Use the peel immediately after peeling.
- Keep the banana peel away from heat or direct sunlight.
Article source: www.myilifestyle.com